A FORMER employee gagged by Sir Philip Green warned him: “Worse is to come.”

The ex-staffer spoke for the first time since the tycoon was named as an alleged bully.

Green stopped five former workers from speaking out by using non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), Parliament was told.

They signed the legal papers after making claims of bullying and sexual harassment against the billionaire, who denies all allegations.

Yesterday one of the five — who cannot be named — told The Sun: “I think anyone who’s signed an NDA isn’t happy about it. I know I’m not happy about it.

“These agreements are against freedom of speech and I hope they are overturned soon.

“He [Green] is powerful and has scary lawyers. People are scared.

“But what I will say is that I think a lot more and worse will come out.”

The comments come after former Topshop brand director Jane Shepherdson, 57, accused Green, who owns the retailer, of being a bully.

Green, 66, who is staying at a health spa in Arizona, said: “I’ve been in the business for more than 40 years. There’s obviously from time to time been some banter but, as far as I’m concerned, that’s never been offensive.

“If anything I’ve said has caused offence, I’m happy to apologise.”

But former employees of the Arcadia Group have told The Guardian that was a climate of fear in the offices.

They dismiss his claims that his behaviour was merely “banter” with one telling the paper: "Banter’ suggests some kind of exchange, or jocular language, but it isn’t.

"It’s one-way, it’s intense, you have to keep your mouth shut."