A PERTH Uber driver is in hot water after sending a sexually explicit message to a ‘disgusted’ customer last week.

Jordan Pavlovski ordered the Uber from his work in Subiaco on Wednesday, making a stop in Mount Lawley to drop off a colleague before going on to his home in Maylands.

But to Mr Pavlovski’s horror, minutes after he was dropped off outside his home, a lewd message came through from the driver.

The driver was still parked outside when two messages appeared on his phone - both formally sent from the ride-sharing app.

Mr Pavlovski said he was shocked to read the first, which said: “If you like giving blow jobs 0435******”

A minute later the more typical message of “Thanks for riding with Mark ***** Please rate your trip”, came through

Mr Pavlovski said that while initially he saw the funny side, he soon realised the more sinister nature of the message.

“I got the message when I walked in the door, he was still parked outside when I got to the door.” Mr Pavlovski said.
“I thought it was funny at first but after further contemplation I was pretty disgusted about the whole event.”

“Also Uber’s handling of it has been completely unacceptable.”

Mr Pavlovski decided to make a formal complaint about the lewd message but was flabbergasted when the response promised to ‘do our best to not pair you with this driver’.

In full the statement from Uber read:

“I’m sorry to hear about your experience on this trip. I understand that this isn’t what you expect when you request a ride with Uber and I want to assure you that we are taking your feedback seriously.

“Uber does not tolerate inappropriate and abusive language or gestures... I will be reviewing whether this driver-partner will continue to have access to the app.

“In the meantime, we will do our best to not pair you with this driver.”

In response to a separate inquiry, a communications spokeswoman for the company said the ‘behaviour was inappropriate’.

“We have a 24/7 team of customer service and safety professionals who investigate and address any issues,” she said

“Our community guidelines clearly state that the behaviour you’ve outlined is inappropriate.”