A 10-YEAR-OLD girl in Perth has described how she feared she would die after she was allegedly hung from a tree with a skipping rope tied around her neck by her peers.

Amber Yoon, 10, claims one of her peers fashioned a noose out of a skipping rope, tied the rope around her neck and attempted to hang her from a tree at Queen of Apostles Catholic School in Riverton on Friday.

The incident happened while the students were on lunch break and a fellow student called her over to the tree.

Speaking to Nine News, her mother, Belinda Yoon, said her daughter’s toes were scraping on the ground and she was unable to breathe. Ms Yoon says her daughter could have died if a teacher hadn’t run over and intervened.

She says the school did not notify her at the time of the alleged incident or seek medical attention for her daughter.

According to Perth Now, who spoke to the family, “the pupil told Amber it was her turn”.

“Amber, much smaller than most children her age, refused but was easily overpowered.”

Aber told the publication: “I was feeling very scared. I thought I was going to die. And I was scared I was going to get into trouble.”

Amber was born with a rare heart defect as well as other health issues which meant she has been in and out of hospital. She is now dealing with extreme bulling at school, her mother said.

“We have been having issues with Amber being bullied, causing major issues with anxiety,” Ms Yoon said in a statement.

Amber, the alleged perpetrator and two school pupils who witnessed the incident have written statements over the incident at the request of the school principal.

“Amber has been through more in her life, suffered more pain, and been in situations so terrifying most kids thankfully will never experience,” Mrs Yoon said.

A group of school students are currently under investigation and detectives are still interviewing all of the parties concerned, Nine News reports. They are yet to lay any charges.

The school said it was talking to police over the incident. Mrs Yoon has removed Amber from the school and is working with Catholic Education WA to place her and her brother in a different facility.

“To say I’m angry would be an understatement,” Mrs Yoon told Perth Now.

“We’ve had a lot of medical issues and we’ve always been able to just deal with it step by step.

“This is different, it’s kind of like you go from sadness to anger into just hurt.

“To think that someone tries to hurt your baby in such a malicious way is beyond heartbreaking.