PAUL Gascoigne said he has done “f**k all” wrong after being charged with sexual assault following an incident on a train.

The ex-England ace is accused of one count of sexual assault by touching on a train from York to Durham on August 20.

He has now reacted to the charge on Twitter, telling his followers: “Hi as u know ive been charged with a sexual assault from 4 mths ago plus the police who charged me asked me for selfies&an autograph ?

“Why if I did wrong ok I’m sticking up4myself my manager SHANE said say nothing leave it2 the lawyers no I’m my own lawyer I did f*** all wrong”.

The star also spoke on Facebook following the announcement by cops this morning but deleted his original tweet.

He said: “I deny this offence but on the advice of my legal team I will not comment any further at this stage.”

Gazza was held at Durham railway station by cops from British Transport Police but later released under investigation.

A spokeswoman for the force said: “A man is due to appear in court next month charged in connection with the sexual assault of a woman on board a train from York to Durham.

“Paul Gascoigne, of Leicester, was charged via postal requisition with one count of sexual assault by touching, contrary to Section 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

“The charge relates to an incident on board a train on August 20 this year.”

He will appear at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates’ Court on December 11.

The charge is the latest blow to the former Spurs midfielder, who has fought a lengthy battle with booze addiction.

But in August, he was found naked in a communal area before a chaotic appearance on Sky’s Soccer AM.

He left the show early, saying he was unwell and later rubbished claims he had been drinking, blaming sleeping tablets.