PARIS Jackson has hit out at the "lies" in the new Leaving Neverland documentary and said her late father Michael Jackson's legacy will not be destroyed.

The 20-year-old defended her dad after he was accused of molesting little boys and even attempting to rape a 14-year-old in the film.

Taking to Twitter on Thursday, she referred to his "good heart" and said she was thinking about "the bigger picture".

She initially appealed for calm, saying: "Y’all take my life more seriously than I do."

The singer and model later followed this up with: "I know injustices are frustrating and it’s easy to get worked up.

"But reacting with a calm mind usually is more logical than acting out of rage and also.... it feels better to mellow out.

"Smoke some weed n think about the bigger picture. chillax my dudes."

Social media user Omerta replied: “The bigger picture is your father’s legacy ruined and his name smeared forever but whatever though.”

Paris hit back, saying: “So…not love and peace and trying to carry that message out? Tabloids and lies are the bigger picture? I’ll pray for you.”

The same Twitter user then wrote: “No, they want to tear his name down and stop playing his music. But it’s cool, like who cares that he died for this.”

Paris replied, saying: “Yeah they do that to everyone with a good heart and tries to make a difference but do you really think that it’s possible to tear his name down?

“Like do you truly believe they stand a chance? Relax and have peace.”

The tweets came just hours after the first half of the divisive documentary aired on Channel 4 last night, with viewers taking to social media to react to the harrowing scenes.

In the two-hour film, fans were left "feeling sick" as Michael's accusers, James Safechuck and Wade Robson, detailed sexual abuse they allegedly suffered at the hands of the music icon.

It was previously reported that Paris believed her father was innocent and was refusing to watch the documentary.

Sources told TMZ that Paris had been left "devastated" by the allegations and was anxious that Leaving Neverland could hamper her acting career.