FAR-right activist Tommy Robinson has been attacked while livestreaming a video in Luton.

The 35-year-old, whose real name Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was on his way to watch Luton Town when the incident occurred.

Video that he live streamed to his Facebook page but later deleted shows him walking down the road accompanied by other men.

At the beginning of the footage, Robinson can he heard complaining about banners at Saturday's match protesting about the Football Lads Alliance.

The group claim to be opposed to Islamic extremism but have been compared to the English Defence League, which was founded by Robinson in 2009.

He then begins arguing with people off camera and appears to be confronted by two men.

A scuffle then break outs and the broadcast is briefly interrupted.

When it resumes the camera is no longer filming him and a voice that sounds like Robinson can be heard shouting "where’s the f*****g bodyguard".

The video then ends and it was later deleted from his Facebook page.

A group called the Football Lads & Lasses against Fascism tweeted: “Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robinson turned up at Luton Town today for a Luton firm get together.

"He arrived with a team of bouncers. He was confronted and told he's not welcome by #LUTONFLAF."

Robinson later insisted what he said was "they're not my f*****g bodyguards".

"My point is that I have never brought the EDL's politics to Luton Town Football Club," he told The Sun Online.

"What I was saying to them was keep your politics out of the football.

"I was in town with my friends eight of whom were black. Just because they're black, people say they're bodyguards. I've never had bodyguards."

He said the group with whom he can he seem arguing had the banner and "were being aggressive".

Robinson is a Luton Town supporter and was convicted of using “threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" during a 100-man fight between football supporters in the town.

In May 2018, he was jailed for 13 months for potentially prejudicing a court case after broadcasting on social media outside Leeds Crown Court.

In August, the Lord Chief Justice Lord Burnett and two other judges in London quashed the finding of contempt made in May at Leeds Crown Court and ordered a fresh hearing of the allegation against him.

In September 2018, he appeared to face a fresh hearing over the allegation.

The case was adjourned until October 23 and has now been referred to the Attorney General.