Technically Incorrect: Robert Thompson even mocked Google's new Alphabet and tried to find negative adjectives to suit each letter.

Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. and Google are less frenemies and more the-minute-I-see-you-my-blood-pressure-goes-crazies.

There shouldn't be too much surprise, therefore, that News Corp. CEO Robert Thompson isn't moved by Google's new Alphabet.

As Australia's mUmbrella reports, in a speech at the Lowy Institute Media Awards, Thompson created his own lexicon of what Google's Alphabet stands for. He said: "That Google's newly conceived parent company is to be called Alphabet has itself created a range of delicious permutations: A is for Avarice, B is for Bowdlerize, through to K for Kleptocracy, P for Piracy and Z for Zealotry."

Is N for News Corp., let's bankrupt 'em!?

Thompson believes that Google represents a leech on the hard work of those who try to create original content, only to have it purloined by Google's caring, sharing, Web-controlling ways.

He explained: "The words intellectual property don't appear in the Google alphabet. Without proper recognition, without proper remuneration, well-resourced reporting will be ever more challenged."

Some might sniff that it's a pity traditional media companies, on seeing the Web wafting into view, decided to give their content to it for free. This tended to devalue it before the likes of Google began to spread it further.

Thompson, though, prefers to accuse Google and its ilk of quite filthy behavior.

He said: "The distributionists do indeed have powerful distribution channels -- Google and Facebook, and pretenders like LinkedIn, which is spam central. None of them actually create content, and they certainly have little intention of paying for it, but they do redistribute the content created by others. They would argue that such redistribution is a natural extension of their role as social networks. I would argue that much of the redistribution is an unnatural act."

Now we know what happens when people are accused of unnatural acts. Especially in the south.

The question is whether the swift progress and tight grip of technology has sent human habits into an irreversible direction. No one wants to pay for content anymore because very few people have chosen to pay for it for quite some time. There is at least one generation now that believes news is free by definition.

I have contacted Google to ask how it feels to be accused of being the Thievery Corporation. I will update, should I hear.

Thompson could only offer more depressing thoughts. He said of the Valley's distributionist companies: "They are appointing editors not to create but to curate. And these curators tend to have a certain mindset, a deep fondness for political correctness, and a tendency to be intolerant of ideological infractions. Silicon Valley is moving from the PC to being a purveyor of the PC."

I feel sure that President Trump will find a way to put a stop to all that.