A NEW documentary into Reeva Steenkamp’s murder has been slammed by her family for showing grisly images of her corpse.

The four-part series called ‘Pistorius’ reveals graphic pictures of the 29-year-old’s body lying on the floor of a bloodstained bathroom after she was shot dead.

Her boyfriend, shamed Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, is serving 13 years in prison for murdering her at their home in Pretoria, South Africa, on Valentine’s Day 2013.

Reeva’s sister Simone Cowburn has raised concerns over how producers got hold of the police photographs and the impact it’s had on her parents.

She told the MailOnline: “My question is how did these documentary people get their hands on police photographs of my sister’s body?”

“My parents are not young at all. I am worried this will have a terrible effect on them. My father has been really unwell recently and has heart problems.

“I spend a lot of time shielding my parents from what is on the internet about Reeva. We don’t need pictures of her blood stains to be seen at all after such a long time.”

Producer Sean Richard, who wrote the documentary, said his team “set out to tell the story as objectively as possible”.

The South African sprinter, known as the “Blade Runner” for his prosthetics, maintains he believed Steenkamp was an intruder when he shot her through the bathroom door.

The new documentary also reveals for the first time that Pistorius received a mysterious picture message shortly before the murder raising questions over whether this sparked a row between the pair.

It was previously thought that the blade runner had launched into a jealous rage after reading a message on Reeva’s phone.

But the production crew obtained phone records showing Pistorius was sent a message at 1.48am on February 14, 2013 — around 10 minutes before a neighbour claimed to have heard shouting from the house.

As part of the documentary, journalist Toby Shapshak explains that the message had the equivalent of 58kb of data, and claims it could have been a photograph or a WhatsApp message.

It comes after Reeva’s mother June revealed she has forgiven her daughter’s killer, adding that she is “done” with the Paralympian.

June Steenkamp told South African newspaper The Citizen: “I am not interested in Oscar Pistorius, I am finished with that.

“It’s up to the justice system now — I have no interest whatsoever in him. He is not important to me anymore. It has been five years and I have had enough now.”

Pistorious was initially found not guilty of her murder, but convicted of “culpable” homicide and was jailed for five years in 2014.

But furious prosecutors appealed the verdict and the Supreme Court overturned his conviction, finding him guilty of murder in December 2015, and he was sentenced to six years.

In November 2017, Pistorious had his jail sentence increased to 13 years and five months.

In March 2018, he lost his appeal against his 13-year sentence.

Since being behind bars, Pistorius was injured in a prison brawl over the use of a public phone.

He was left with a bruise after “an altercation with another inmate over the use of a public phone” on December 6, last year.

“Oscar Pistorius sustained a bruise following an alleged incident with another inmate over the use of a public phone in the special care unit where both offenders are detained at Attridgeville Correctional Centre,” spokesman Singabakho Nxumalo said.

Pistorius was in November 2016 moved to the prison north of the capital Pretoria, which caters for inmates with physical disabilities.

Local media reported that fellow prisoners were angered by the Pistorius’s lengthy telephone conversation, leading to a fight.