As we previously detailed, in a press release issued late Saturday night, the lawless sanctuary Mayor Schaaf tipped off illegal aliens in the region, that ICE is preparing to conduct extensive operations across the Bay Area.

Since she did this, she and her family have received death threats from disgruntled Oaklandians who feel increasingly unsafe but, as The Daily Caller's Saagar Enjeti reports, the harhest criticism yet has come from Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan:

“What she did is no better than a gang lookout yelling police when a police cruiser comes to the neighborhood except she did it to entire community of the this is beyond the pale,” Homan declared in a Fox News interview.

“This is a whole new low to intentionally warn criminals that law enforcement is coming. I can’t believe it happened.”

“She intentionally put law enforcement officers at risk. Being a law enforcement officer is dangerous enough. But to give criminals a head’s up we’re coming next 24 hours, increases the risk.”

He continued that “there are 800 we were unable to locate because of that warning. That community is a lot less safe than it would have been.”

Schaaf warned Bay Area residents Sunday night that she had been tipped off to a forthcoming immigration enforcement raid targeting illegal immigrants who have committed crimes.

The mayor is unapologetic telling the Washington Post Tuesday “I think it’s my responsibility as a person in power and privilege to share the information I have access to, to make sure people know what their rights are.”

Despite her warnings, The Washington Post reports that federal immigration agents have arrested more than 150 people in Northern California who they say have violated immigration laws for deportation, as tensions between the government’s push to more vigorously enforce the law and state officials have spilled into the fore.

About half of the people arrested also had criminal convictions, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which is largely in charge of enacting President Trump’s push for more stringent enforcement of the country’s immigration provisions.

Homan concluded:

“Thanks to the dedicated and professional work of ICE deportation officers, we were able to remove many public safety threats from the streets of the Bay Area during the past few days,” he said in a statement.

“However, 864 criminal aliens and public safety threats remain at large in the community, and I have to believe that some of them were able to elude us thanks to the mayor’s irresponsible decision.”