Great news if you’re the sort of person who just wants to kick back and watch movies on your laptop when you’re flying. The Netflix app for Windows 10 now supports offline playback, meaning you can download shows and movies and save them for when you don’t have Wi-Fi.

Netflix added offline playback to its mobile iOS and Android apps last year, which was very useful but meant you were limited to watching on a phone or tablet. (Indeed I put it to use last time I was on a plane; I stuck with some comedy specials since watching a feature-length movie on a phone didn’t really sound too appealing.) But now they’re bringing that same feature to the Netflix Windows 10 app, as first reported by Windows Central.

You can’t download any movie or show on Netflix (they’re limited by their licensing deals with studios), but there are plenty to choose from, particularly Netflix originals like Stranger Things and House of Cards. So now you can load up your laptop for whenever you don’t have decent internet service and watch to your heart’s content. The update to the Windows 10 app should be rolling out today. You can find the free app in the Windows Store.

source: http://lifehacker.com/netflix-gets-o...ows-1793959923