1517001731.jpg

MOSCOW, March 23 (Itar-Tass) - RIA Novosti. The deputy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Nadezhda Savchenko, was detained in the parliament building.

The investigator of the Security Service of Ukraine Alexander Tomusyak read out the text of suspicion to the deputy, after which Savchenko was detained.

"Based on the decision of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of March 22, 2018 on the removal from the People's Deputy Savchenko of Hope of parliamentary immunity, the granting of permission to bring to criminal responsibility, the detention and the selection of preventive measures ... I detain you on suspicion of committing crimes," the investigator announced.

"I will not betray the people of Ukraine"

The non-factional deputy of the Rada, Nadezhda Savchenko, after depriving her of her immunity, declared from the rostrum of the parliament that she will not give up the title of Hero of Ukraine and will not surrender the deputy's mandate voluntarily. According to the deputy, this would mean betrayal of the Ukrainian people.

"Should I give you a mandate and leave politics to make you happy? Or do I abandon the Hero's Star as many people want? The people who support me say: do not give the star ... So the question is: should I betray the people of Ukraine by giving the Star of Hero of Ukraine "No, I will not give it up." This title is given not easily, this title is given in blood, I argued that I am a Hero of Ukraine in Moscow prisons, "the deputy said.

Also, Savchenko deliberately refused to deal with the investigation, in case she received a proposal on this. The deputy recalled that she knew that she was being recorded, so she allegedly deliberately led provocative conversations to the camera. According to Savchenko, it can not be frightened.

Possible punishment

The detention of Savchenko was commented by the deputy of the Rada, a member of the collegium of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Anton Gerashchenko. He suggested that the deputy faces from five to ten years of imprisonment, and doubted that the suspect could be imprisoned for life.

"She (the story - ed.) Will end at this stage with the detention of Savchenko, the transfer of the case to the court in essence." The accusations are serious enough, but due to the fact that this attack was prevented and no one died, the judges can elect her a term that may be in a few years - 5 or 10. It's unlikely that this will be a life sentence, as they could not realize their goals.But the fact that Ruban and Savchenko are people who are not in their mind and are dangerous to Ukraine is a fact, and they place behind bars ", - concluded Gerashchenko.

The detention of the deputy was also reacted by the president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.

The Ukrainian leader thanked the siloviki for allegedly preventing massive terrorist acts and "disclosing a Russian special operation against Ukraine."

"I am grateful to the employees of the Security Service and the Prosecutor General's Office for saving lives of people as a result of the prevention of mass acts of terrorism and the exposed Russian special operation against Ukraine.I also thank the officers of the armed forces who did not succumb to provocations and promptly informed the law enforcement agencies about the criminal intentions of the aggressor and the fifth column, wrote Poroshenko on Facebook.

In turn, relatives of the detainee told that Savchenko was already ready for imprisonment and "collected the necessary things."

"Hope has collected the things that are necessary in prison, she knows the dungeons of Russia perfectly, she collected the necessary things that are allowed, without metal, without laces." This bag lies in my car. "We went to the Verkhovna Rada in the morning with things," sister of the deputy Vera Savchenko.

At the same time, as the spokeswoman of the detainee Tatyana Prostorchenko noted, a lawyer is not allowed into the management of the Security Service of Ukraine, where Savchenko came on foot.

Criminal history

Earlier on Thursday the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine appealed to the Rada with a request to deprive Savchenko of immunity and to consent to bringing her to criminal liability. The office suspects the deputy of preparing a terrorist attack in the parliament building and a coup d'état. According to the Prosecutor General's Office, Savchenko and her supporters could use weapons, including grenade launchers and mortars.

Later, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine agreed to bring to justice Nadezhda Savchenko, as well as her detention and arrest.

The detainee at the same time rejects the accusations and explained her actions by "political provocation" in order to "show the authorities that they are also mortal."

Earlier in Russia, Savchenko was sentenced to 22 years for involvement in the murder of journalists in the Donbass. The court found that it corrected the fire for a group of Lugansk militias and Russian journalists, which led to the death of the staff of the VGTRK Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin. However, in late May 2016 Savchenko pardoned the Russian President Vladimir Putin, after which she went home. Returning to Ukraine, Savchenko announced her readiness to become president if the people back her.

Link: https://ria.ru/world/20180323/1517076101.html