TWO mums brawling over a 'bullying row' attacked each other with shards of a coffee mug - with one claiming her throat was slashed in the violent fight.

The horror scenes broke out at a bus stop in Sarasota, Florida, earlier this week with parents and young children on their way to school witnessing the fracas.

It's claimed Tiffani Cruz and Leslie Arguelles - who are both parents of elementary school kids - had an argument about parenting a number of weeks before the incident.

Cruz reportedly accused Arguelles of bullying a child, it's claimed, but the row had ended until the brawl on Tuesday morning.

Cruz alleged to local media that Arguelles had walked up to her, and said "we need to hash this out, we need to talk about this" but Cruz told her she was "not trying to fight" and asked the other mum to "leave her alone".

She told local media: "It was a self defence over an incident that made no sense."

Cruz continued: "She hit me, she got this close to my face and nudged me with her nose, and when she nudged me, her fist was going up so my fist went up."

She said hit the woman with the mug, saying she "didn't think of what was in her hand", and then claimed the other woman came after her with pieces of the shattered mug.

"I put my arm up and went to run, and that's when she picked up the glass and ran at me and stabbed me twice in my arm, once at my wrist and in the back of my shoulder."

"I regret the whole incident, there's no reason it should have happened," she said.

But Arguelles has claimed Cruz "kept calling me a b***h" and denied the bullying accusations against her saying "I was not bullying no child".

"She slashed my whole throat. She nearly killed me. I have all the laceration wounds because she had cut the artery of my neck," she claimed.

Two schoolboys, aged eight and ten years old, saw the incident from the waiting schoolbus.

"My heart was racing. Her face was bleeding," one boy said, while the other told local media that he "looked away" during the horror scene.

Sarasota County Schools are offering counselling to any children who saw the violent fight.

Police investigating the incident have said charges are pending.