A MOTHER whose toddler has been put up for adoption has written an 'incredibly moving' letter, explaining she will 'always love' her little girl no matter what.

The British woman, who has mental health problems that means she struggles to care for her daughter, penned the heartfelt note to a court in Leeds.

Judge Sarah Lynch noted the mum had made the 'extremely brave decision' to give her daughter up after realising that she wasn't well enough to be the 'mum she needed to be'.

According to the BBC, the anonymous woman told the court: "I will always love her, she is my daughter, but I am doing this for her.

"One minute I could care for her and then the next minute I would not be able to. I do not feel that this would be good for [her].

"I feel incredibly sad about the situation but I know [she] is going to go to a family who will love her and give her what I cannot give her at the moment."

Social services had asked the judge to make the decision on the girl's future due to her mother's long-term difficulties with her mental health.

Deeming it to be unsafe for the child, she was removed from her care, and no other family members were around to take the youngster instead.

While the details of the emotive letter were revealed in the ruling following a private family court case, both the mother and child's names and ages have not been released.

Further heartbreaking lines from the letter said: "I am really sorry that it has come to this position but I know I am doing the right thing.

I just want her to know that I love her and always will. I hope she gets all the attention in the world from her new family.

"I just want her to know that I love her and always will. I hope she gets all the attention in the world from her new family."

The Judge revealed that the girl was already in temporary foster care as they discussed her future, and despite the woman having been allowed to visit her daughter, she had found it too difficult to go.

The mother explained: "I have not had contact for some time now, not because I do not love [her], but because it is simply too hard for me to go and leave her again."