A MUM was surprised to spot a chilling message while browsing through her seven-year-old daughter’s homework.

Stephanie Furneaux, 33, discovered her eldest daughter Poppy had creepily penned “In March I found poison to destroy you” in an exercise book after being asked to make a sentence out of a list of words.

The mum-of-two said she burst out laughing when she first read the ominous message and then started to feel a bit worried — yet admitted she was impressed by the schoolgirl’s creative writing skills.

Stephanie, from Gunnislake in Cornwall, said: “I was thinking maybe my child is an evil genius.

“I’m not locking my bedroom door at night though. She’s a lovely girl really so I’m sure I’m safe.”

The words given for the writing exercise were January, February, March, knock, knitting, destroy, royal and poison.

The homework instructions read: “Now practise your spellings by writing some of your spelling words in sentences.”

Microbiologist Stephanie said: “I texted my husband James and I think he was a bit more sensible about it.

“He pointed out she didn’t have that many words to make a sentence from — so from what she was given she did a good job.

“I haven’t mentioned anything to her about it, I just think it was clever of her to make a sentence from it.”

Stephanie, who has another daughter, Seren, 4, shared a picture of the homework online asking, “Should I be worried about my seven year old?”

She said: “I decided to share it on social media because I love seeing the other things that people post about their children.”

“You feel like you’re not the only one with quirky children who do and say funny things.

“It’s funny to see how their little minds work and the things that they write without realising how humorous they are.

“I think this shows the weird and wonderful things that kids do.”