A MUM was shocked to find out there's a hidden image in the Toblerone logo - spotted by her nine-year-old son.

Twitter user Stephanie gave her son his first ever piece of Toblerone on Boxing Day - but it wasn't the delicious chocolate that grabbed his attention, it was the hidden picture in the logo.

The observant little boy noticed there isn't just a mountain on the packaging, but a bear too.

Hidden amongst the two-tone snowy mountain appears a bear stood on its hind legs - and once you spot it you won't be able to un-see it.

Stephanie took to Twitter to share this revelation writing: "My son had his first Toblerone today. 'What’s the bear for?'

"Me: 'what bear?'

"I was today years old when I found out there’s a bear in the Toblerone logo."

She then pointed out the reason for this hidden animal in the picture, tweeting: "Toblerone comes from Bern, Switzerland. Also known as the city of bears. 🐻 🇨🇭"

The famous triangular chocolate originates from the Swiss capital Bern, home to the Matterhorn Mountain.

It's also known as the 'City of Bears'.

The Toblerone logo incorporates both the mountain and a bear - displaying its Bern roots.

Other Twitter users replied sharing their surprise and appreciating how clever Stephanie's son was to notice it.

Paul Thornberry wrote: "Eating them for 50 years never noticed that, your lads a genius, in my defense the wrapper is the last thing Im thinking about when I get one."

Meanwhile Julie M-D tweeted: "I just blurted out, 'Did anyone know about the Toblerone bear?' And my son replied without raising his head, 'The one in the mountain? What about it?'"

And Marty Kennedy replied: "71 years old, 50 Christmas' of Toblerone and after a search of the package, I FINALLY found the Bear! Your son is brilliant!"

The tweet amassed over 26,000 likes and 6,400 retweets.

Shortly after her tweet gained popularity, Stephanie took to Twitter again to express her gratitude that people on the social media site didn't attack her for waiting nine years to give her son a taste of the classic Christmassy chocolate.

She wrote: "I'm really glad the Toblerone tweet attention came from the logo 🐻 and not the fact that my son went 10 Christmases before trying one."