A MUM claims a policeman tasered her dog to death because it barked at him.

Terrasa Bolton, 29, said American bulldog Narla ran into her garden as eight officers arrived at her home to arrest her boyfriend.

She added: “I told a woman police officer Narla wasn’t aggressive. But Narla started barking and the next thing I heard was a yelp.

“She’d been tasered and was lying on the floor.”

Care worker Terrasa said a male officer continued to taser Narla even after the dog lay lifeless. The mum of two added: “She was unconscious and wasn’t moving.

“But he was still stood there pressing the button on the Taser. You could see the volts going into Narla.

“I shouted ‘Stop it, please, she’s already dead’. He still didn’t stop. He held the button down for three minutes. I was distraught. There was blood coming from Narla’s mouth.”

Terrasa, of Leeds, said another officer offered to make her a cup of tea, adding apologetically: “We can’t bring the dog back.”

She said: “She was a really friendly dog, so loving. My son Bailey adored her. He’s devastated.”

Terrasa, who has made an official complaint, added: “My dog did nothing wrong.

“All she did was bark. She didn’t attack anybody.”
West Yorkshire Police yesterday claimed the dog was “dangerously out of control”. They added:

“The use of Taser was reviewed and deemed to be legitimate and proportionate.”

Terrasa’s boyfriend Ethan Piotrowski, 24, has been charged with domestic violence relating to a former girlfriend.