A MUM'S rant about breastfeeding has gone viral after she admitted: "They all grow up to eat Haribo and McDonald's anyway."

Caroline Hirons, a beauty blogger, spoke out during World Breastfeeding Week.

She said: "I can’t believe it’s 2018 and we’re still discussing breast vs formula like it matters at the end of the day. Just feed your kid and get on with your day.

"They all grow up to eat Haribo and McDonald's anyway.

"Yes, even your kid, kale-blending Cynthia in the pilates pants."

And since sharing her emotional tweet there has been a huge reaction - including some criticism.

One mum said: "Yes this!! When I had my son 2010 I tried to breastfeed. I tried and tried and tried.

"We just couldn't do it. I made the decision to change to formula. That level of guilt was unreal, then for my midwife to turn to me and say by giving up you are failing your son. Broke me."

Another said: "I had twins. One could breastfeed the other couldn’t.

"They’ve both grown up and are wonderful and utterly annoying in equal measure."

Natalie Nuttall, co-founder of The SMILE Group charity which supports those battling perinatal mental illness said: "This is clearly a really emotive subject.

"We support people to make informed feeding decisions.

"Ultimately, as parents we all feed from the heart, not the bottle or the breast, and all forms of feeding come from a genuine desire to do our best for our children."