A MUM has released a heartbreaking thank you message as this simple note stopped her trying to kill herself on the M60.

The woman who wishes to remain anonymous, left her partner and one-year-old son at their Greater Manchester home yesterday morning in floods of tears.

She recalls leaving her house at 5am before driving along the motorway, deciding where she could do "it".

But she noticed a message dangling from a motorway bridge which read: "You are amazing. You are brave. You are strong."

As she continued to drive, she saw dozens of other supportive and loving messages, so she decided to return home, Manchester Evening News reported.

She said: "I’ve suffered from depression and anxiety for years and I’ve had my bad days where I couldn’t cope anymore, one of them being on Sunday.

"Driving along and knowing what those signs say after seeing them on here and the thought of leaving my son without a mummy after thinking about them and knowing that the next day would be completely different led me to still being here so thank you so much.”

Volunteers for Bridge the Gap foundation placed the notes along the motorway and other bridges across Greater Manchester, to remind people they are not alone.

Lisa Barnes, 46, founder of the charity began writing messages of support and encouragement after she tried to to kill herself in May last year.

Bridge the Gap has now flooded 20 bridges in the city along the M60, M56 and M62, as well as some in Wirral and West Yorkshire, with messages of love.

A fundraising campaign is underway to raise money for the materials to continue decorating bridges.

To donate, visit www.justgiving.com