A DEVASTATED mum has told how her world was turned upside down when a Father's Day card to her husband revealed his "secret life".

The woman, who gave her name as Belinda, explained how the card — which she found stashed at the bottom of a drawer — led to the collapse of her dream marriage.

She said her "holiday romance" with husband was shattered when she discovered the touching note was from a lovechild born to another woman.

She told news site Whimn: "I’d gone through our bookshelves and found nothing I felt like reading, so I decided to look in his bedside table.

"It was there I found it, tucked into the pages of a novel in the drawer: a Father's Day card, written in blue text in a child’s scrawl: 'To Daddy, happy Father's Day, love from Nate.'"

Her husband had told her his high-pressure job in the oil industry meant he had to be away from Belinda and their twin daughters.

He would spend six days at home before claiming that he needed to be away for eight days travelling for work.

But the marriage was still a happy one — and Belinda doted on her partner.

She said: "We were always happy to see each other, and we didn’t sweat the small stuff.

"We hardly ever argued because we were just so happy to be together."

Belinda said he told her: "Nothing is as important as you and the girls".

But her life came crashing down after discovering the card from his other secret family who lived in a different city.

And worse still was the realisation he was not having an affair on Belinda — but that Belinda was his affair.

After confronting him with the card, she explained: "His face crumbled as he confessed to the whole sorry mess, and it was even worse than I thought.

"The most horrible idea I’d been able to come up with was that he had had an affair and was hiding a love child from me, but it was much worse than that. It turned out I was the affair."

He had been with his other partner Natasha for more than 10 years and juggled living between her and Belinda for years, she claimed.

And after confronting him Belinda was left on her own to bring up their twin daughters as her husband left her to be with Natasha.

14 in East London
She said: "He told me he needed to make a go of things with Natasha and that he’d ensure the girls and I were looked after, but that he had to go.

"I was devastated, and I’m ashamed to say now that I begged him to stay that night, but he said he had to go."

Distraught Belinda said she later blew the lid on her love rat hubby to his other partner — and Natasha "left him".

The brave mum is now making the "best of the situation" and her and Eddie remain civil for the sake of their children.

She added: "Hopefully he’s found some time to have a long think about the lives he’s messed up."