MUM Vicky Green made history after having twins 12 days apart.

Hospital doctors delivered llb 8oz son Presley Bradshaw after Vicky, 32, went into premature labour.

With twins, the second tot normally arrives within the hour but Vicky’s contractions stopped. Medics decided it would be better for daughter Paisley to develop inside Vicky.

Twelve days later, on June 20, they delivered the 2lbs 8oz infant by caesarean section after Vicky developed a potentially life-threatening infection.

The babies hold the record for twins born the longest time apart in England. They are expected to remain in St Mary’s Hospital, Manchester, for several months while they develop.

Vicky, who discovered she was pregnant only three weeks before Presley’s birth at 26 weeks, said: “I couldn’t believe it when just one twin was born and the other stayed inside.”

The teaching assistant, who lives with partner Darren Bradshaw, 31, in Manchester, added: “It was a really strange sensation. My bump was still growing even though I’d given birth.

“It was such a relief when Paisley was born safely too.”

She went on: “They are doing incredibly well and gaining weight every day. They are little fighters and the most amazing surprise any mum could have.”