From the first bite, *Eve thought something was wrong with the roast chicken but the Mount Gambier local was too busy juggling her 10-month old son to think much of it.

It was only as the mum-of-two reached for some stuffing - after the family devoured the entire chook - that she made the gruesome discovery.

“There was no stuffing, only body parts, intestines, lungs and something else I couldn’t make out,” the 23-year-old tells Kidpsot.

“I’m horrified I fed it to my two children – what happens if they get sick?”

"Lungs and other body parts still inside"
Eve bought the chicken at her local Coles in Mount Gambier, South Australia early Wednesday evening, with her two children – 10-month-old son and daughter, aged five.

Immediately feeling ill with the dodgy meat now settling in her and her kids' stomachs - Eve took to the Coles Facebook page to express her concerns about her family's well-being:

“We purchased one of your hot chickens last night only for it to taste off turns out it still had its lungs and other body parts still Inside and no stuffing as it was all parts... 🤮how do we go about this? I have the receipt still.”

Online outrage ensued...
Commenters quickly expressed outrage at the disgusting image.

“WTFFFF THAT IS SO DISGUSTING!!!!!” one mum wrote.

“This seriously looks like a nasty episode of Dr Pimple Popper,” added another.

“I can’t get the taste of the chicken out of my mouth! It honestly tasted off,” Eve responded.

Coles apologised for the "unpleasant surprise"
Coles reached out to thank Eve for bringing the “unpleasant surprise” to their attention.

“We can understand how upsetting this would be and we’d like to ensure this is followed up further,” they added.

When Kidspot contacted a Coles spokesperson said they had “contacted the customer to follow up their complaint.”

“Coles takes the quality of all our products seriously. We guarantee our Coles Brand products and as always encourage customers to return any item they’re not 100% happy with to their nearest store for a full refund or replacement.”

The post has since been deleted
Since speaking to Coles, Kidspot noticed that the post has been deleted from the supermarket's Facebook page.

Eve said that she hasn't removed it but believed it had been taken down by Coles.

Kidspot contacted Coles again about the unavailable post - but was yet to get back at the time of publication.