A HORRIFIED mum who bought a new dress online found period stains in the lining.

Sacha Brown, 38, said she was "livid" when she discovered her £8 bargain from Pretty Little Thing was soiled with blood.

She quickly washed her hands several times after taking delivery of the white lace bodycon dress on Monday — bought ahead of a holiday to St Lucia with her son next week.

Nail technician Sasha, from Surbiton, South West London, told The Sun Online: "I'm going on holiday next Monday with my nine-year-old son to St Lucia in the Caribbean.

"I decided to order some new clothes from Pretty Little Things online to take on holiday with me.

"Among the items was a white lace bodycon dress reduced to £8.

"The dress arrived this afternoon and I opened it up to take a look at it and make sure it fits before packing it away.

"But when I looked at the lining I noticed three large blood stains — I was like, 'What the actual f***'.

"I am livid. I could not believe what I was seeing."

She had picked up her clothing from the popular clothes site - which targets women aged 16 to 34.

It has gone on to become one of the biggest names in online fashion since its launch six years ago, with its clothes modelled by superstars like Kourtney Kardashian.

But South Londoner Sasha was less than impressed with her shopping experience.

She added: "I am absolutely convinced it is blood stains from a period. As a woman, you know these things when you see them.

"Someone has obviously ordered the dress and tried it on without wearing underwear or a pad before sending it back.

"Who would do something like that? I just think it's so disgusting.

"I washed my hands four times after.

"This is my first bad experience with Pretty Little Thing. The prices are reasonable — I just wanted a few cheap things to take on holiday with me.

"But now I would seriously reconsider shopping with them ever again.

"They have exposed me to someone else's blood — I expect compensation. I am very upset."

A spokesperson for Pretty Little Thing said: "We’re really sorry to hear Sacha has received her item this way. Our customer service team have contacted Sacha and she has been issued a full refund on her order and we’ll be looking further into this."