THIS is the moment a motorist argues with a cyclist about being able to drive safely while using his mobile phone before crashing into another car seconds later.

David Brennan was cycling on the A739 between Bearsden and Glasgow when he got into a heated argument with a driver using his phone at the wheel.

The cyclist, who had a camera installed on his helmet, can be heard shouting: "It's people like you who kill me."

Mr Brennan then asks him: "Can you drive safely with your mobile phone?" to which the driver responds: "Yes, I can".

The pair exchange some more heated words before the traffic lights change and the car speeds off.

But when they get to the next set of lights, the car rear-ends the back of the car in front in slow moving traffic.

Speaking afterwards, Mr Brennan said: "I was surprised to see this driver on his mobile phone, especially as he was looking down at it whilst driving.

"I called over to encourage him to stop using it, as it is not safe to drive whilst looking at a phone.

"He later started talking to me, and during that conversation claimed he could drive safely when using his mobile phone, which is an astonishing admission."

He continued: "There is often a queue of traffic on this road, so it was not unexpected for me to catch up with him.

"He'd complained I was previously cycling along at '3mph', so I smiled and waved as I went past, pointing out the fact he was the one now doing 3mph.

"As his window was wound up, I'm not even sure he heard me, but he probably saw me wave.

"He then proceeded to accelerate forward as the traffic ahead of him stopped and he crashed into the car in front.

"I spoke to the two drivers. I offered my footage to the driver in front as evidence, but they decided to settle it between them."