SICK Momo videos are being flagged by a warning on YouTube - but are still available for kids to watch.

The social media giant has previously claimed no videos “showing or promoting” the twisted character Momo – which has sparked serious concerns from police and schools – are online.

But in several videos found by the Sun Online, Momo's chilling face appears in the middle of Peppa Pig programmes aimed at kids.

Using a computerised voice, the ghoulish character issues chilling threats to whoever has clicked on the video – which has already amassed tens of thousands of views.

Some videos are flagged with a warning saying the content has been identified as "inappropriate" - but kids can still click through to watch them without verifying their age.

Parents today blasted the social media giant for failing to tackle the problem videos.

Mum Helen Chisholm said her six-year-old son Charlie had spent 45 minutes screaming after she asked him about the character on Monday.

The 26-year-old mum blasted: "They haven't done anything, have they.

"If they are going to have videos up for kids, with shows and toy reviews, they should all be checked. It's beyond me it hasn't happened.

"They're making money on these videos and they're not doing anything."

She said online platforms had given parents a "false sense" of security that their children would be safe using the Internet.

The mum, of Surrey, added: "It's 2019 and kids use the internet more than some adults. It's silly we're so behind on keeping them safe."

She said her son had been left clinging onto her and crying "I'm so scared" at the very mention of the sick character.

She said: "He said he was going to be killed in his sleep, and he couldn't tell mummy."

Helen, a business manager, said she was furious about YouTube's handling of parent concerns, saying: "They want children to give evidence about something they don't want to talk about and say 'show me exactly where it happened'.

"It's incredibly unfair to ask that of a scared child."

Fellow mum Rachel Kirk said her four-year-old son Brad had been told to take pills and get in the bath by himself after watching the videos.

The 25-year-old told The Sun Online: "YouTube Kids is meant to be a filtered program where kids can feel safe online.

"He loved toy reviews, and learnt his colours on YouTube but now he's terrified and won't even go to the toilet on his own.

"What more do they need to take action?"

Hayley Wilkinson, 36, said she had reported a Fortnite player to the company after her nine-year-old daughter Charlotte was told to cut her hair and threatened on the game.

The mum of Redditch, Worcestershire, said her little girl was "absolutely petrified" and had refused to go to bed "because Momo is going to get me".

Hayley said: "I'm really strict with who she makes friends with on the game, so I don't know how it happened.

"It was a creepy girl voice saying things to her."

She said she had immediately deleted the game and YouTube, with her daughter's school also one of dozens up and down the country to write letters to parents warning them of the trend.

She said: "I'm always so restrictive on the kids' phones and the iPad but it's still popping up.

"I don't know what else I should do."

Stacey Solomon is also among concerns parents demanding action over the so-called "challenge".

Momo, initially a Japanese sculpture, has been overtaken by warped Internet trolls using the image to terrify youngsters and issuing challenges on WhatsApp before reportedly popping up in YouTube videos and on Fortnite to issue more challenges and threats.

The sick avatar has sparked warnings from schools and even police as reports of terrified children increase in the UK and across the world.

Disturbingly, many parents revealed they had no idea why their child's behaviour had changed - and it was only when they asked their son or daughter if they knew who Momo was that they were met with disturbing reactions.

This Morning presenter Holly Willoughby also admitted yesterday she was at a loss of how to handle the sick trend.

She said: "Harry is nine, he watches things on YouTube, I have been aware of this because I've seen it in the press.

"I didn't quite understand how it works and that it just pops up on these things so it's there all the time.

"Do I draw his attention to it, do I mention it? I'm a mum - I don't know what to do."