A MODEL was left in "excruciating pain" when her lips began to "split and turn blue" following a £200 dermal filler procedure at a private hospital.

Lora Evans, 32, from Swansea, said face also swelled and she felt like she had a "lump of Lego" under her lip.

The mum-of-one, who has also had a boob job, said the experience was "horrific" and revealed that she cried for days after.

Telling Wales Online: "My face just kept getting bigger, it was black and blue and my lips had lumps in them and were uneven.

"It felt like I had a piece of lego on the top right of my lip as there was a hard lump."

The beauty-conscious mum said that the swelling took around 10 days to go down but months for them to even out.

She suspects the filler ended up in a blood vessel, causing a haematoma which made her lips swell, split and turn blue.

As well as missing out on jobs, she also lost her confidence.

I wanted to hide away from the world, I felt embarrassed.

Lora protested that she made to research before going through with the lip jabs and ended up opting for the place she got her breasts enhanced.

She said: "The experience was horrific, I cried and cried, I thought my face would be like this forever.

"I wanted to hide away from the world, I felt embarrassed."

There is currently no law in Wales that requires you to have medical training to perform the procedure.

According to the NHS website, general risks of fillers include rashes, infection and in rare cases the filler blocking a blood vessel.

If a vessel becomes blocked it can lead to tissue death, permanent blindness or a pulmonary embolism.

Despite her scary experience, she went with a new practitioner who managed to fix the botch job.

Warning others who may be thinking about getting their lips boosted, she said that people should have a "hard think" about whether they really want it.

She said that she didn't think that anyone under the age of 21 should get the procedure done, but should focus on "loving themselves first."