A MAN who was fitted with a £50,000 bionic willy collapsed and was hospitalised just days after having sex for the first time.

Andrew Wardle, 45, was born without a penis and surgeons created the organ using skin from his arm before attaching it during a 10-hour operation.

He had sex girlfriend Fedra Fabian after pumping it up with using a button and said he is “so pleased” with his new penis.

But just days after losing his virginity his terrified partner found him on the floor and rushed him to hospital.

Andrew, from Manchester, remained unconscious for five days and surgeons will remove his gall bladder when he goes under the knife.

He told a mate: “It was so bad I prayed I’d die.

"I thought I’d done serious damage.”

With lover Fedra Fabian, 28, at his hospital bedside, he spent five days in and out of consciousness.

The pal added: “Their biggest worry was that the damage was caused by having sex.

“He had a fever with vomiting for days.

"It was terrifying.

Some three months ago Andrew had to endure a painful ten-day erection after surgeons attached the new organ.

Describing his joy at finally losing his virginity at the age of 45, Andrew told The Sun: “It’s fantastic.

“After all Fedra and I have been through, it’s the cherry on the cake.”

Andrew was born without a penis because of a one-in-20million birth abnormality.

Only in his late thirties did he discover that doctors might be able to fashion one for him using an operation called a phalloplasty.

The painful process proved worthwhile when he finally romped with Fedra, 28 — who called the experience “amazing”.

Describing his long-awaited debut sex session, he said: “Fedra had booked a romantic trip to Amsterdam for my birthday, but I felt that would have been too much pressure.

“I had to test out the function every morning and night and leave it erect for 20 minutes. So one morning, two days before we went away, it just happened.

“It was nice and natural — and that’s how I wanted it to be.”