A HEARTLESS robber armed with a machete held a bag of cash in the air and danced a jig after threatening to pour boiling water down the throat of his victim.

Clare Lee was at home when four masked men armed with machetes burst in and threatened to kill her children who are aged nine, 16 and 18.

She was punched and slapped several times and dragged around.

The men then boiled a kettle and threatened to pour boiling water in her mouth unless she handed over cash.

Mrs Lee has released CCTV footage and described the men "horrible animals."

She said: "They came into mine and my late husband's home and terrified my babies.

"My daughter is heavily pregnant. They had masks on and machetes and threatened to kill me and my babies.

"They also poisoned my poor dog too."

She added: "I was punched a few times and dragged about and slapped a few times. They were demanding money and they also boiled a kettle and threatened to pour boiling water in my mouth.

"They told my kiddies they were going to kill me if I didn't tell them where it (money) was."

She is appealing to anyone who recognises the men to contact West Yorkshire Police.

Mrs Lee says her dog, a German Shepherd called Rocky, may have been poisoned with ketamine, which is used as an anesthetic, before the men burst in.

Rocky was poorly for a few days but has now come round, she says.

"I am waiting for blood tests. Police think it could have been ketamine."

Mrs Lee believes the gang entered her yard at around 8.20pm when they probably poisoned Rocky before bursting into her home at around 10.25pm.

She is appealing for help to identify the men responsible.

"If anyone hears anything or recognises any of the please call police or message me.

"Please don't let this happen again - my little boy has been through enough. He's terrified as we all are."

Detectives are now investigating the robbery which happened on Friday December 7 at around 10.25pm on Atlas Mill Road, Brighouse.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Suspects entered the property wearing balaclavas and some carrying weapons.

"They made threats to the occupants and demanded money.

"An amount of money was taken from the home and then fled on foot, onto Owler Ings Road, past The Bridge public house and down a canal towpath into Owler Ings car park.

"From there it is thought they drove off in a white VW Golf, away from the town centre.

"The suspects were described as male, wearing casual clothing and balaclavas."