A gang swooped on a 17-year-old boy "like vultures" before stabbing him to death with a machete in a row over a bike.

Kyle Yule begged for the five thugs to stop after they chased him from a parked car in a "senseless revenge attack".

Harrowing CCTV shows the gang running after the teen while wielding a machete before he was knifed five times outside his best friend's house.

Defenceless Kyle was left screaming for help as the yobs "were on him like vultures, kicking and punching him" in the row over the bike.

It comes after his heartbroken mum begged young people to stop carrying knives as her son's five killers were today caged for life.

Nikki Yule said: "I hope the outcome today will help send out a very strong message to all young people, that knife crime cannot and will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.

"No one should feel the need to carry knives. People's lives can be lost so quickly and needlessly, just look at what happened to my Kyle.

"Quite simply, knife crime destroys lives."

Victor Maibvisira, 19, Shezakia Daley, who turned 18 on Wednesday,Tyler Ralph and Ephrain Akinwunmi-Streets, both 17, and 16-year-old Jordan Dania were all convicted of murder.

They were today caged for life with minimum terms totalling 88 years between them.

Maibvisira will serve a minimum term of 24 years, while the other defendants each have a minimum term of 16 years.

The attack on the evening of October 6 last year was triggered by a stolen bike and followed several violent clashes between two gangs of teenage boys known as C4 and G10.

The bicycle theft was said to be the "final insult" for Maibvisira, who "tooled up" and "gathered his troops" on the night Kyle died.

He had been pounced upon by his killers, one aged just 15 at the time, as he sat in a Renault Clio. They smashed the windscreen and a side window and slashed a tyre, forcing Kyle to flee.

The gang, described by onlookers as acting as if they were "possessed", gave chase and within seconds had punched him to the ground and knifed him five times.

Horrified witnesses heard Kyle pleading "that's enough V, V stop" and "help, help that's enough V, leave V".

They then fled on foot or bikes, leaving a stricken Kyle telling those trying to save his life that he knew he was dying.

Kyle suffered a fatal wound to a major artery in his right armpit and died on the operating table at Medway Maritime Hospital in the early hours of October 7.

Nikki, who burst into tears as she read a victim impact statement to the court, branded her son's killers "cowards" and said they had "ruined lives forever".

She said: "Kyle was loving, kind-hearted, warm, funny, handsome and full of life. He was my best friend.

"How dare you sit there and look forward to your birthdays?

"I had to arrange a funeral for my son when I should have been planning his 18th birthday."

Sentencing, Judge Adele Williams said she was "sure" all five of the boys "regularly carried weapons".

She added: "This case well illustrates the problems which occur when young men such as you carry knives and use knives.

"You all had a fascination with knives. I have no doubt that you all thought it was glamorous and 'macho' to carry a knife."