ONE of the women who battered Lotto winner Callie Rogers says they did it because she boasted about how much money she had blown.

Marie Hinde, 37, and Jade Quayle, 26, face jail for kicking and stamping on Callie, 31, who scooped £1.87million aged 16.

The pair were dogsitting for Callie’s boyfriend when she returned from a night out last July in Whitehaven, Cumbria. Hinde said Callie, who blew her fortune on drugs and clothes, provoked her by “being bigheaded”.

She said: "She started being bigheaded saying: 'I've won the lottery, I've had more money pass through my hands than you will have in a life time'. I told her to shut up. Then she said personal things about me and I walloped her right in the face.

"I am remorseful, I am sorry it happened, it shouldn't have, but when people are provoking you to the point where they make you lose your temper. She was saying 'I am Callie Rogers I've got two grand left', to me that is embarrassing. If I had two grand left after I had won £1.9m I wouldn't tell anyone."

On the night of the attack in July last year Callie had been out with her then boyfriend but returned to his house in Whitehaven, Cumbria, alone. Neighbours Hinde and Quayle had been looking after his dog for the night and helped Callie, 31, get back into the house.

Mechanic Hinde said: "She was locked out so I walked her over to the house with the dog and showed her where the key was. She started being bigheaded and talking about winning the lottery.

"She then started saying personal stuff which I don't know how she knew because I had never met her before.

"I just hit her and then I was going to go back out of the door but she started being cocky with Jade and she hit her and I hit her again. She did get a real hiding. She was in a mess. She was just being really cocky and saying I would never have that kind of money in my hand.

"Me and Jade had had a couple of bottles of lager but we weren't drunk. I am going to jail, I have been told for four to six years. To be honest, I deserve it. I have done it, I can't change it. I don’t want to go to prison, but I have done the crime.

“It’s the punishment for my actions. I can’t change it now. “I regret doing it. At the end of the day, I hurt another human being.” Callie, of Seaton, Cumbria, spoke out earlier this month about how miserable the 2003 lottery win had made her.

Callie had been working as a £3.60-an-hour checkout girl when she won £1.87m aged 16 but immediately gave up her job and embarked on a life of wild partying.

Hinde and Quayle have admitted assault and will be sentenced later.