A YOUNG Lotto millionaire set off in a stretch limo to collect his £850,000 winnings - but FORGOT his ticket.

Red-faced Odhran Doherty revealed they had to swing around 10 miles into his journey to Dublin from Donegal when he realised that he had left the slip at home.

The farm worker, 23, joked: "My father put it in a safe place, a wee bit too safe now to be honest. We were in Raphoe, near where we got the bloody thing.

"But it wasn't too bad, we were only in Raphoe so we got it back and it was alright."

Odhran also told about the moment he found out he'd won.

He said: "I just scanned the ticket and it just said congratulations but I thought I'd won a couple of thousand but I didn't realise it was going to be this kind of amount."

However, he ran into some trouble when he visited the banklink before heading out to celebrate the good news.

My father put it in a safe place, a wee bit too safe now to be honest.

Lotto Winner Odhran Doherty
He said: "My card was bouncing. Faulty card apparently because I had money in the account but whatever, we'll not worry about that now anyway."

It was actually Odhran's father, Liam, who had gifted his son the lucky slip after a hard day's work on the family farm in The Glebe in Letterkenny.

The ticket was bought at Barclay's Newsagents in Raphoe.

An emotional Liam explained: "We were working on Saturday, Margaret, myself and him on the farm all day and I decided to go up to Raphoe for something to eat.

"I bought three tickets, one for Margaret, myself and Odhran."

NO TICKET TO RIDE
When asked how he'll spend his big winnings Odhran wasn't sure, he said he might treat himself to a Massey Ferguson tractor and added "anything for the farm is for him (Liam)".

He said: "We'll go for a wee holiday first for a month or so and relax and figure out then what we're going to do."

His mum Margaret revealed she has plans to head to New York and treat herself to some new clothes - and said she was over the moon for Odhran.

Speaking about her son she said: "He's a very good boy and we're very proud of him. He has his own opinions but he's very thoughtful and that's all we want."

The tight-knit family are "ecstatic" but Odhran reckons he's not going to let his newfound wealth go to his head.

FEARED APRIL FOOL'S PRANK
He revealed that he's going to keep working on the family farm.

He said: "I'm not leaving it, I like it too much and I've kind of chose it now. It's kind of a family thing now so I'll stay at it."

Dad Liam recalled finding out Odhran had won.

He said: "I couldn't remember the day, I thought it was April Fool's. He rang me and he says, 'get down here'. I still thought it was a bit of a joke.

"I says 'What the heck do you want me down for?' and he says 'get down here I think there's something up' and I landed down and he came out of the pub and said 'I won a million quid!'"

When asked if Odhran, his family and girlfriend Jessica have a party planned to celebrate their win, the young millionaire replied: "Every day is a party now."

He added: "It's amazing. Me and dad.. always chatted about what we would spend the money on but we never thought it would actually happen, you know, you always think about it but you never know the feeling. It's unimaginable."