Evangeline Lilly vowed to never take her clothes off again for a role following what she describes as troubling experiences filming the long-running mystery drama Lost.

Appearing this week on the Lost Boys podcast, Lilly, best known for playing Kate Austen on the beloved series from 2004 to 2010, said she was reduced to tears after shooting a nearly nude scene.

“In Season 3, I’d had a bad experience on set with being basically cornered into doing a scene partially naked, and I felt had no choice in the matter,” said the 38-year-old. “And I was mortified and I was trembling and when I finished it, I was crying my eyes out and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter.”

Lilly recalled another on-set incident, explaining, “In Season 4, another scene came up where Kate was undressing, and I fought very hard to have that scene be under my control, and I failed to control it again. And so I then said, ‘That’s it. No more. You can write whatever you want — I won’t do it. I will never take my clothes off on this show again.’ And I didn’t.”

Since wrapping the show eight years ago, the Ant Man and the Wasp star has since said no to on-screen nudity.

“It’s not because I think there’s anything wrong with doing nudity. It’s because I don’t trust that I can comfortable and safe,” Lilly shared.

“I’m lucky. I’m in a position — a very privileged position — where I’m allowed to be picky. I can be picky.”

Lilly also said she was unhappy with her character’s lack of progression on the hit show.

“I felt like my character went from … having her own story and her own journey and her own agendas to chasing men around the island and that irritated the s**t out of me,” she revealed.

Lilly “did throw scripts across rooms when I’d read them because I would get very frustrated by the diminishing amount of autonomy she had and the diminishing amount of her own story there was to play.”

A rep for ABC didn’t immediately return our request for comment.