Is Lil Wayne dead? No, but he’s among the top 10 celebrity death hoaxes for 2013.

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, there were Facebook posts announcing Lil Wayne’s death to the world.

Celebrity death hoaxes spreads through fake websites and Facebook accounts. The fake news posts will link to external sites that load your computer up with a virus. Most will ask you do download a file in order to see the news video, which is something no legitimate website will ask. Other hoaxes will still try to get you to enter personal information so they can steal your identity.
1. Jackie Chan Dead?

Reports of Jackie Chan’s death have spread all over the internet in 2013. Most of them claim Jackie Chan died from a stunt or a fall from a rooftop. The Jackie Chan death hoax will sometimes refer to him being in the Good Samaritan Hospital and “hanging on to dear life” while at the same time saying police are investigating his death. Funnily enough, one death hoax even managed to fool Mr. Chan’s manager.
2. Bill Nye Dead?

When a rumor started on Twitter stating that Bill Nye had died, “R.I.P. Bill Nye The Science Guy” became a trending topic. Thousands of reactionary messages poured out afterwards, mourning the scientific icon’s passing. Some people claimed the rumor was started by creationists, who often butted heads with Bill Nye, but this hypothesis was never confirmed via the scientific method.
3. Chris Brown Dead?

Some haters might want to see Chris Brown die but he’s currently in rehab. A report claimed Brown was hospitalized after having seizures and Twitter tweets began circulating a photo where Brown was sprawled out on the floor with a dead-like, slack jaw.
4. Rowan Atkinson Dead?

For more than a year, Atkinson has faced rumors of his death, all of them of course untrue. The original rumor dates back until at least 2012, when a rumor spread through Twitter that Mr. Bean had died. But the latest 2013 rumors took a macabre when they claimed Mr. Bean committed suicide.
5. Angelina Jolie Dead?

The Jolie death hoax looks like a regular link to a video complete with a thumbnail image. It will say something like, “The Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie was pronounced dead on August 23, 2013 after her second major operation.”The hoax claims Jolie left behind a video message for her fans on a news site, which is how millions were lured in.
6. Dwayne Johnson Dead?

Johnson’s death hoax was actually pretty funny because The Rock responded to his own death hoax by saying:

“I would love to meet the person who is starting rumors of my death – to show them how a dead foot feels up their ass.”

7. Bindi Irwin Dead?

This one technically wasn’t a death hoax, per se, but it did fool a lot of people. When people began to search for Bindi Irwin old articles about Steve Irwin’s death came up and began to confuse people. Bindi is currently continuing her father’s legacy by making animal TV shows.
8. George Bush Dead?

This one almost seemed authentic because a German magazine published an obituary for the ex-President. The elder Bush has been hospitalized off and on for various health concerns but last we checked he’s doing fine.
9. Celine Dion Dead?

The singer has been killed off in both her garage and in a plane crash. And she wasn’t too happy about them because of concerns over her family:

“I was celebrating the birthday of my twins in Montreal and I was getting these phone calls saying there was stuff on Facebook that I was dead,” Celine said. “The thing that worries me is my mom. It makes me a little mad — she’s 86 years old and if I’m not on the phone telling her I’m OK four seconds after it’s on the news… It doesn’t matter what they say, it’s the impact it has on your family.”

10. Lil Wayne Dead?

There were Facebook posts announcing Lil Wayne’s death to the world and, like many, they spread viruses. Unfortunately, Lil Wayne’s death is somewhat believable based upon his prior medical history:

“The thing is, man, the bad news is, I’m an epileptic, so I’m prone to seizures. This isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures; y’all just never hear about it. This time it got real bad because I got three of ‘em in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to, like, 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died soon. That’s why it was so serious. The reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest and overworking myself. That’s typical me, though.”

Top Celebrity Death Hoax Of The Year

Interestingly enough, Jackie Chan’s death hoax isn’t the top celebrity hoax for 2013 even though that’s what most people remember. Emma Watson topped the list and Sandra Bullock, Kathy Griffin, Zoe Saldana, and Avril Lavigne were in the top five for 2013. Past celebrity hoaxes have tried using Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Jon Hamm, Adriana Lima, and Emma Roberts in order to load up a virus or steal information. Perhaps the others were more prominent but they apparently weren’t as believable.

Personally, I think Jackie Chan wins this morbid contest… what about you?