LEEDS UNITED have led the tributes after young supporter Toby Nye died from cancer aged just six.

The youngster battled neuroblastoma for two years, and his family were told the devastating news in October that he had a brain tumour.

His family posted onto a Twitter account on Sunday evening that their "little warrior passed away in the arms of mummy and daddy".

Just days after celebrating his sixth birthday with a visit of T-Rex Tricksy to his back garden, little Toby is now "at peace and free from everything that was thrown at him".

Just one month after the family were told of the devastating news that he had been diagnosed with a brain tumour, doctors then advised that treatment options had been exhausted.

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani posted a heartfelt message on Twitter expressing his sadness on hearing the news.

The Italian wrote: "RIP little angel Toby. I keep in my heart sweet and beautiful moments at Elland Road together.

"We love you angel. My prayers for you and your strong parents."

Radrizzani also shared a photo of the young boy in a Leeds United shirt.

A tweet sent out from the official club account read: "Heartbroken. The memories will live forever. We love you Toby x."

And the Lilywhites club captain also posted on the social media site his own heartfelt tribute.

Liam Cooper wrote: "Heartbroken to hear that my little mate has peacefully passed.. I will forever cherish the moments we spent together.

"Heaven has gained a beautiful angel. Your smile will live with me forever. Sleep tight little man I love you."

It's the second piece of devastating news for the Yorkshire club in 24 hours.

Former Leeds star Phil Masinga has died, aged 49.

The South African international striker spent two years at Elland Road, but passed away after a long illness.

Masinga was a huge name in South African football after becoming one of the first players to establish himself in the top leagues in Europe.

He was admitted to hospital in his home town of Klerksdorp last month, before being moved to another site in Johannesburg where he lost his battle for life.

Aside from playing for Leeds, he also spent four years in Serie A with Salernitana and Bari.