A LAD was outraged after discovering his ex-girlfriend's cheeky mate had secretly been using his Netflix account for two years.

He only made the discovery when she texted him to ask if he'd not paid his bill, as she'd been locked out of the account.

She brazenly demanded to be allowed to continue piggybacking his account, seeing as he'd be "paying for it anyway".

When he refused and told her he'd be changing his password, the brass-necked lass branded HIM cheap for refusing to share it with her.

The furious Reddit user, who goes by the name The_Duff, shared screenshots of the Whatsapp conversation on the platform - and his post has notched up 83,000 upvotes.

Many fellow Redditors were shocked by her audacity, especially when she told him: "Just pay, I'm trying to watch something."

One branded her "a real piece of trash" while another commented: "That deep-rooted level of entitlement never ceases to amaze and infuriate me."

But it seems it's a common problem. Several users revealed they too had caught people using their accounts without their knowledge - especially exes.

One revealed: "Funny story, I once had a girl post on Instagram the day after breaking up with me 'TFW you break up with your man but still have his HBO'. She quickly lost access after I contacted customer support to log out all users on my account."

Another posted: "My ex hit me up three years after break up when I changed hulu+ password (because of someone else) for the same thing lol. I had no idea she was still leeching off it."