A KIND homeowner left a note thanking an ambulance crew along with £5 for “refreshments”.

The paramedics returned to their vehicle after dealing with an emergency in Flint, North Wales to find a piece of paper attached to the windscreen.

But rather than an abusive message, as has been the case in a number of recent incidents, they found a heart-warming note along with a £5 note.

“Thank you for blocking my driveway to save a life. Refreshments on me," it read.

An ambulance crew member who goes by the Facebook profile name Aimee Louise, posted a picture of the message.

“Returning to the ambulance after a call to find this heartwarming message tucked under the wiper,” she wrote.

“Absolutely made our day. Such a heartwarming gesture. Thank you so much kind stranger.”

A Welsh Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Such a boost for our hardworking crews when they get a heartfelt thankyou note for doing a tough job.

“No financial incentive required! They are just dedicated. Thank you anonymous author.”

The kindness of the anonymous homeowner is in contrast to the behaviour of an anonymous note writer in Leicestershire.

Paramedics who spent 45 minutes fighting to save a life found a rude note telling them to "have consideration" when they parked.

"You blocked my driveway I waited 45 mins for you to move. Please have some consideration where you park the ambulance! This is not the first time."

It came after a jobless Kirsty Sharman left an abusive note on an ambulance that read: "If this van is for anyone but No. 14 then you have no right to park here.

"I couldn't give a s*** if the whole street collapses. Now move your van from outside my house."

A judge branded the jobless mum "absolutely despicable" and ordered her to pay a total of £285 in fines and costs for using threatening and abusive words.