The kickboxer who allegedly murdered his girlfriend before dumping her body sent text messages to two women asking them for sex in the hours after her death.

Sayle Kenneth Newson, 40, had been dating Carly McBride, 31, for eight weeks before she went missing on September 30 in 2014. Her body was found two years later.

In the hours following her death he organised to have sex with two other women while pleading with the public for information about Ms McBride's disappearance.

Mr Newson sent a text to one of the women saying: 'do u wana f***' and days later, he allegedly had sex with a woman on the Central Coast, according to police facts tendered to Newcastle Local Court, obtained by the Daily Telegraph.

The 40-year-old man also met another woman in Queensland days after sending her a lewd photograph.

'Newson was almost immediately sexually involved with other women ... each of whom he propositioned for sex within hours of reporting her missing to the police,' the police facts said.

Ms McBride went missing when she visited one of her children at Muswellbrook, in the Hunter Valley, and is believed to have died from 'blunt force trauma' between 2.30pm and 4.30pm.

Before the disappearance, a photo was taken in Mr Newson's car of a beaming Ms McBride at about midday.

The image was later used in missing person posters but the accused killer allegedly cropped his tattooed arm out of the photo.

The 31-year-old's body was found two years later after detectives formed Strike Force Karabi to investigate her disappearance.

Her body was found in bushland at Scone and shortly after her boyfriend at the time of her disappearance was charged with her murder.

Mr Newson, represented by solicitor Mark Ramsland, appeared in the Newcastle Local Court on Wednesday via an audio visual link from jail, The ABC reported.

He was committed to stand trial and will appear in Sydney Supreme Court on September 7 where it's understood he will formally plead not guilty to murder.

Originally Mr Newson's co-accused, James Anthony Cunneen, now 27, had also been charged with murder but that was dropped on Wednesday.

He is now charged with accessory after the fact to murder.

Outside the court Ms McBride's parents, Lorraine Williams and Steve McBride, said they had been fighting for justice for their daughter since she went missing.

'She was face of missing persons week and we were very lucky in that respect and lucky Carly didn't remain missing.'

They said that despite Mr Cunneen's charges being downgraded they were happy with how the police had handled the case.

'Knowing the complications in the case and the size of it is incredible,' he said.

'We think it has moved quite well and quite quickly and it may be a year or so yet before we get a final result but that's pretty good.'

The three of them - Mr Newson, Ms McBride and Mr Cunneen - all met at the Dooralong Transformation Centre, which is a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre in 2013.

While they all left the program at different times Ms Mcbride and Mr Newson, who bragged to police of his 20-0 kickboxing record, stayed in touch and eventually started dating.

Mr Newson would often drive her to visit her young daughter at her ex-partner's house in Muswellbrook, which was the location she was last seen in.

It's believed she was walking to a local fast food restaurant when she disappeared.

Her Facebook account was also deleted a short time before she went missing and her phone and handbag were never recovered.

In a police interview, the 40-year-old said he was 'deeply in love' with the mother-of-two, according to News Corp.

Police have alleged that she was assaulted to a point where she died and the post-mortem revealed significant blunt force trauma to her face and back of her head, which was consistent with at least two blows to the skull and two to her back.

The case against Mr Newson is entirely circumstantial as there was no blood found in his vehicle, no known witnesses to the crime, no CCTV, no DNA and police don't know where the alleged murder occurred.