KHABIB Nurmagomedov has been gifted a Mercedes after his UFC win over Conor McGregor.

The Russian strongman was presented with the prize as he was made Honorary Citizen of Grozny at an event this week.

UFC Lightweight champ Khabib Nurmagomedov with his belt after successfully defending it against Conor McGregor

McGregor’s conqueror was also awarded the commemorative medal “200 years of the city of Grozny” by Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov.

He said: “Khabib is a deeply decent, sincerely believing young man.

“He does a lot for the unity of the religious community.

“A healthy lifestyle, perseverance in achieving the goal, boundless diligence, compliance with the norms of the Holy Quran, he serves as an example for millions of young people.”

Khabib has been gifted a Mercedes after his big win

Nurmagomedov met with the Russia president Vladimir Putin earlier this week who reportedly said he was “very proud” of him. But there was bad news for the two UFC 229 headliners when they were suspended for the post match fracas last weekend.

Nevada Athletic Commission executive Bob Bennett says letters were sent Wednesday informing both fighters they will be suspended for ten days.

The bans are effective from October 15 but could be extended once the events of last Saturday in Las Vegas have been investigated further.

However, the Notorious shrugged off the sanction by bragging about breaking UFC pay-per-view records.

McGregor has been in defiant mood since losing to Khabib Nurmagomedov

McGregor’s rematch with Nate Diaz in August 2016 held the previous record with 1.65million tuning in for the showdown.

Now the Dubliner has helped smash that again with 2.4million purchasing last Saturday’s extravaganza in Las Vegas.

He tweeted: “The sales record and the buy record. Thank you to you, the fans. @properwhiskey @ufc.”

McGregor has been in defiant mood since his loss to ‘The Eagle’ and has been very vocal about his desire for a rematch.

Nurmagomedov and his father met with the Russia president Vladimir Putin

Earlier this week he posted a picture of himself on Instagram with the caption: “We lost the match but won the battle. The war goes on.”

Ahead of the fight, McGregor suggested there would be much more, boosting his purse.

He said: “We’re estimating around 3 to 3.5million buys. I’d say I’ll close in around the $50million (€43million) mark. So, for a mixed martial artist to make $50million from a mixed martial arts bout, it’s quite breathtaking.”

The 30-year-old dad-of-one lost to Khabib after he was forced to tap-out when the Russian got him in a rear naked choke in the fourth round.

A vicious brawl erupted within seconds of the finish when Khabib jumped out of the cage to attack Notorious’ training partner Dillon Danis at ringside.

McGregor was also involved in a scuffle in the cage that saw him strike a member of Khabib’s team.

Both fighters are looking at possible long-term suspensions from the sport and the Russian still hasn’t received his fight purse. The ban comes on the back of Khabib’s threat to quit UFC if teammate Zubaira Tukugov is suspended for his role in the ruckus.

Khabib wrote on social media: “I would like to address @ufc/ Why didn’t you fire anyone when their team attacked the bus and injured a couple of people? They could have killed someone there, why no one says anything about insulting my homeland, religion, nation, family?

“Why do you have to punish my team, when both teams fought. If you say that I started it, then I do not agree, I finished what he had started. If you decide to fire him, you should know that you’ll lose me too. We never give up on our brothers in Russia and I will go the end for my Brother.”

The Russian fighter also claims to have received a megabucks offer from WWE.

He may now have a new career option after writing on Twitter: “WWE ask me to jump inside. What do you think guys? #SmashLesnar #FakeFights”.

Although the seriousness of the message is unknown, WWE does have a recruitment policy which welcomes athletes from other sports and has enjoyed huge success with mixed martial arts stars Brock Lesnar and Ronda Rousey.