THE Duchess of Cambridge stunned Christmas shoppers yesterday by popping into a bargain store to buy festive gifts.

Kate, 36, who was with Prince George and Princess Charlotte, mingled with crowds in cut-price outlet The Range.

She bought trolley-loads of pictures, children’s books and artist materials then queued at the tills.

One mum said: “I did a double-take when I saw her. You don’t expect to see royals shopping at The Range.”

It is believed Kate was buying for fellow royals.

The Queen likes her family to swap modest, jokey gifts on Christmas Eve in line with German tradition.

The mum who saw Kate said she only realised it really was her in the store at King’s Lynn, Norfolk, when she spotted George, five, and Charlotte, three.

She said: “I recognised little Prince George holding Kate’s hand and Charlotte with a red bow in her hair.

“Their protection officers were keeping a discreet distance so they looked like any other family out grabbing last-minute Christmas bargains.

“When Kate got to the checkouts I plucked up courage to ask if she’d do a selfie with me and my kids. She very politely declined. She was so nice, explaining she was just doing a bit of Christmas shopping.”