Julia Roberts Thought She Was Prettier Than Halle Berry

Despite being named People's Most Beautiful Woman in the World four times, Julia Roberts admits she doesn't think her looks have ever been consider sexy.

"I think I've always sort of been on the more boyish spectrum of girls. For example, I've never been chosen as 'one of the top-five hottest actresses in a bikini.' And honestly, it's a godsend," the actress shares in the September issue of InStyle magazine. "When I was younger, I'd think, 'Oh, I'm the prettiest one. It's not Halle Berry. It's not!' But it is, you know?"

Knowing Julia, we're sure she means that as a compliment. Not that it really matters since both stars ended up as winners…winners of Best Actress Oscars, that is.
Reflecting on her years on the red carpet, Roberts admits she puts a lot more energy into her look nowadays. "I certainly think about it more now. It used to be a friend could call me at 3 in the afternoon and say, 'I have a premiere tonight. Will you come?' And I'd just take a shower and go. I wore a lot of vintage then. I had a navy military jacket and striped leggings I wore all the time. Those were the fun old days. People were less judgmental, less searing in their assessment of what you dare wear to the drugstore."
Now, now it's not as though your not having any fun, right Julia?

"The fun now is getting together with my friend and stylist Elizabeth Stewart, whom I adore. She brings such great ideas and choices to the table. When I know I'm seeing Elizabeth, I put on the most impeccable outfit. She'll go, ‘This is great!' And I'll say, ‘I dressed just for you'," The 46-year-old gushes,
adding that she likes to get her family involved too. "Often I'll let the kids look at my outfit choices and say, ‘What do you like better—this or this?' I just try to not take it so seriously. And it can be stressful on the red carpet. So it doesn't matter how much you dress up or bejewel yourself, you've still got to feel like you."