One federal judge couldn’t help giving a thumbs up for the action movie that was the subject of the lawsuit before his court.

“Mechanic: Resurrection” was "quite a good movie," Judge Brian M. Cogan of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York said in a Sept. 5 judicial opinion “But, I am a sucker for both Tommy Lee Jones and Jason Statham films, and this has both.”

The Jones-Statham vehicle was on the judge’s plate because of a copyright infringement claim by ME2 Productions Inc., a unit of Millennium Films, owner of the movie’s copyright. ME2 sued Brooklyn, alleging that he had used BitTorrent peer-to-peer file-sharing technology to make and distribute unauthorized copies of the movie.

ME2 asked the judge for a default judgment against Henry for failing to appear in court or respond to the accusations in any way. In Cogan’s ruling granting that request, he was moved to note his appreciation for the movie.

“Mechanic: Resurrection,” released in 2016, is a sequel to the 2011 movie “The Mechanic,” which was a remake of a 1972 Charles Bronson movie. Millennium Films and is one of the most active litigants in BitTorrent infringement cases. ME2 alone has been a plaintiff in more than 140 copyright infringement cases against “John Doe” defendants since June 2016, according to Bloomberg Law data.