AN ARMED robber had his mouth TAPED shut by a judge during sentencing because he wouldn't stop talking.

Franklyn Williams repeatedly interrupted Judge John Russo during the court hearing and was given a number of warnings to keep quiet.

But when the 32-year-old refused to shut up the judge said he was left with no other option than to tape his mouth shut.

Fox 8 reports how Williams - eventually sentenced to 24 years in prison - argues with the judge before he is gagged.

Judge Russo said: "Mr. Williams was someone who liked to speak. To speak and interrupt.

"When lawyers were talking, witnesses were talking. More importantly when I was talking."

"Everybody has the right to go on the record with my court reporter. But we can’t do it at the same time or yelling over each other."

In the clip Williams can be heard speaking in the court in Cuyahoga County, Ohio while Judge John Russo repeatedly scolds him.

Judge Russo can be heard telling Williams: "Mr. Williams. I’m the judge in the matter.

"Shut your mouth and I will tell you when you can talk. You got it?”

He also tells him to "zip it".

Williams replies: “You’re trying to take my life away, judge, and you’re not letting me tell you what’s going on.”

In December, Williams was convicted on counts of aggravated robbery, kidnapping, theft, misuse of credit cards and having weapons under a disability, according to court documents.