THE former gymnastics doctor accused of sexually abusing more than a hundred young girls and women griped to a judge in a letter read in court on Thursday that it was too hard to listen to his victims’ stories in the courtroom.

Larry Nassar, 54, the former team doctor for the US Olympic gymnastics team, pleaded guilty to molesting seven girls and now, as part of his plea agreement, has to listen to their tales of torment in the courtroom before he’s sentenced, WZZM reported.

But it’s not just the women in the plea deal who will tell their stories: More than a hundred victims have signed up to read victim impact statements, sending Nassar into an emotional tailspin, reports the New York Post.

He sent a six-page, single-spaced letter that called out Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina and said he wasn’t sure if he could “mentally” handle four days of listening to victim impact statements, which often include loud sobbing and direct eye contact with Nassar, NBC News reported.

He complained that the judge had turned the proceedings into a “media circus” in an attempt to put herself in the spotlight.

“Now this is entertaining to me,” Aquilina said, reading the letter in court Thursday morning.

“I don’t have a dog in this fight, sir.”

She called his complaints “delusional”.

“You need to talk about these issues with a therapist and that’s not me.”

She turned to a portion of the letter in which Nassar appeared to be upset that more women than the seven in his plea deal were given their chance to speak in court.

“Aquilina is allowing them all to talk,” Nassar wrote.

“She wants me to sit in the witness box next to her for all four days so the media cameras will be directed at her.”

Aquilina snapped back that the emotional abuse Nassar inflicted on the girls while molesting them under the guise of medical treatment trumps the pain he’ll feel while listening to their stories in court.

“Spending four or five days listening to them is significantly minor considering the hours of pleasure you had at their expense and ruining their lives,” Aquilina said.

She cut Wednesday’s court session short so Nassar could meet with mental health professionals.

He will be sentenced at the conclusion of the sentencing hearing, which could go into next week.

One victim, Olympic bronze medallist Jamie Dantzscher, described Nassar as “pure evil” in her statement. The former gymnasts said she struggled with “anorexia, bulimia, and depression so severe that I was hospitalised for attempting suicide” as a result of the abuse.

Meanwhile, another Olympic gymnast, McKayla Maroney, who was part of the Fierce Five at the London Olympics, said the doctor “left scars on my psyche that may never go away”.