SUPERNANNY Jo Frost has claimed parents are becoming “lazy” and “enabling”, as teachers are increasingly having to potty train kids – and it has sparked a huge debate online.

The TV personality, 47, wrote on Twitter that children nowadays are taking much longer to tick off important milestones.

Jo clarified that she wasn’t referring to children with medical conditions, and said: “Toddlers still on pacifiers; teachers potty training 5YO; 6YO still in pushchairs; bottoms still being wiped at 7YO.

“Have parents become lazy, enabling, Too helpful to Please? What is your take on this all, would love to hear your thoughts please.”

Many parents were quick to chime in with their views on the topic, with some supporting her claims.

One said: “NO NO NO NO!!! Lazy parenting!! My almost 3 year old tries to wipe his own bottom (I help occasionally) and is toilet training!

“Wouldn’t dream of sending him to school not able to do either!! He doesn’t use a pushchair and dresses himself!!”

Another added: “Pacifiers for bedtime only. Toilet training/wipe own bums way before they start school, same with prams. Lazy parenting.

“Who wouldn’t want their child to be independent with such things. Pushing prams/meal times while on phones & not conversing with their child is my pet hate.”

And one said: “Wow that is all so wrong! How embarrassing going to school & not being toilet trained.

“Not fair on the child. I accept some circumstances can't be helped though. However no excuse for lazy parenting.”

However, some said it was unfair to blame slow development on “lazy parenting”.

One commented: “Although it’s not ideal - sometimes children take a bit longer or parents circumstances don’t make it possible.”

Another said: “I think there isn’t a one size fits all solution to many of the problems.’ Many families are working two/three jobs to make ends meet and don’t have the time. Also, in my experience each child is different and you have to adapt to them.”

So what do you think on the topic?

Girls are usually potty trained before boys, but if a boy has older siblings he may learn faster than a newborn.

Timing is important, so it’s best not to overload a child to start potty training when they have other big events going on, such as welcoming a new sibling or starting nursery.

According to Baby Centre, it could take as little as a few weeks or several months to become potty trained.

Every child is different, and the NHS says: “Children are able to control their bladder and bowels when they're physically ready and when they want to be dry and clean.

“Every child is different, so it's best not to compare your child with others.”

Some children can begin potty training aged 18 months, some begin when they’re four-years-old.

Most parents will start between the ages of two and three.