A JEALOUS dad who fitted a tracker to his ex's car to catch her romping with a lesbian lover has dodged jail - despite leaving his victim "half the person" she used to be.

Twisted David Jones, 37, slipped the device in Stacey Buckley's car boot after she found new love following their breakup.

When following her car one day, he noticed that she made a detour to a house - and decided to follow.

He later found her in a Manchester cafe, holding hands with Laura Flynn - her sister's ex-girlfriend.

Stacey found the device after David tipped her off with a bragging text warning: "I'll find you wherever you are".

The message was accompanied with a photo of the tracker.

Speaking after David was found guilty of stalking, Stacey said: "I am half the person I used to be. I no longer want to go out anymore.

My relationship has suffered with my children. I want to get in with my life but this is proving difficult.

“He left me feeling very scared and vulnerable. I am worried he will come to the house again and attack me.”

David was sentenced to a five-year restraining order, banning him from contacting her directly or indirectly, as well as a 12-month community order with unpaid work.

The magistrate warned: "Do not let your emotions get the better if you again. There is no relationship between you two other than what is necessary."