TWITTER CEO Jack Dorsey has been in Australia this week, talking to local community and business leaders, scientists, Journalists and influencers, while taking in the local culture.

In a wideranging talk at a breakfast event in Sydney, the 41-year-old Twitter Chief said US President Donald Trump would not be removed from the platform any time soon — despite court rulings against his online behaviour this week and previous questions about his actions on the social network.

“The important thing is that we hear from our leaders directly, that their thoughts are not in the dark,” Dorsey told the breakfast audience of media and digital industry types at Twitter’s Australian HQ.

“That they’re out in the open and we can actually disagree with them, we can debate them, we can spread them if we agree with them, and we can comment.

“That is the beauty of an open conversation.”

On Trump specifically, Dorsey said he wasn’t surprised by the way the US President continues to act on the platform.

“His behaviour in particular has not changed since he joined the service in the first place,” Dorsey said

“It wasn’t that much of a surprise,” he said of Trump’s Twitter activity since his election.

On the US Court ruling that Trump blocking people on the platform was unconstitutional, Dorsey said he wasn’t sure how Twitter would react.

“I’m not sure yet, I’ve only had the time to really look at the headlines, so my team is looking into everything.”

“I definitely think it’s interesting. It shows that as we build these technologies we enable new behaviours and those new behaviours need to be understood and sometimes be pushed back on.”

In the wideranging conversation led by Channel Nine presenter Deborah Knight, Dorsey revealed he doesn’t use a laptop for work and explained how he kept focus every day in a demanding role as a billionaire CEO.

“I do everything on my phone,” he said.

“It’s important to me because I turn off my notifications and for me it’s one application at a time. So I just have one app up, and I can really focus on what’s in front of me instead of everything coming at me as I would on a laptop.”

Dorsey also spoke about the revolutions and protest movements that Twitter helped spawn and carry over the last decade, mentioning the Green Revolution in Iran, the Arab Spring, #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter — a movement he was particularly supportive on as it began in his home state of Missouri.

On Twitter Bots and the manipulation by foreign governments on his platform, Dorsey admitted to mistakes and lessons learnt over the past 12-years of Twitter.

“The manipulation of using bots is against our terms of service,” he said, explaining that Twitter tests 8 million accounts a week to see if they’re real or fake.

“We made a bunch of mistakes along the way, we have to constantly evolve the tools we use,” he admitted.

Ryan Northover was a guest of Twitter Australia in Sydney for #BreakkiewithJack