A MUM was left reeling when her 11-week-old baby grew a FANG overnight.

Little Oscar O’Byrne, from Drogheda, Ireland, shocked mum Tara when she checked his cot one morning to discover he’d sprouted a giant spiked tooth
She told the Irish Mirror: “I went in to him around 7am. I usually give him a soother and he goes back asleep for an hour, but he kept crying.

“So I took him out and changed him but when I went to feed him, I found the tooth in his mouth. It had grown overnight.

She rushed Oscar to Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital – but doctors spent more time debating what it was than seeing to her son.

The frustrated mum took him to the nearby Temple Street Hospital instead, where they were put in touch with a dentist.

She added: “We got an appointment and brought him in. I had to hold him and hold his arms down while she took the tooth out.

“Whatever way the suction was caused the tooth to go up his nose. I had to wind him to get it out, but he was okay.

“There were dentists coming in to take pictures of the tooth and everything. We took it home to show Oscar when he gets older.

“We were terrified at first but now we’re seeing the funny side. Me and my husband were laughing about it, it’s mad – especially at this time of the year!”