A US man’s encounter with an aggressive chicken has gone viral, after CCTV cameras captured the moment he had to run away from the bird at his work in Indiana.

Boaz Marbach was at work at The Shed in Spencerville, performing his daily duty of letting the chickens out, he said it’s his job because everyone else is scared of the chook.

“We have a chicken at work and it loves to attack me when I let it out.” Boaz captioned his now viral twitter video.

The Purdue University student can be seen running across the parking lot, while the chicken, Avicii chased him, and it was caught on camera.

He posted it online, and within a week, it’s been viewed almost four million times, with hundreds of comments, mostly laughing at Mr Marbach’s situation, and sharing their own chicken stories.

“Owner of 6 chickens. Can confirm that all of them can outrun me.” One commenter replied.

“I remember when Valentine let his rooster out to chase us. I was traumatised,” wrote another.

Mr Marbach’s boss even shared the video to the company’s Instagram page.

“Rocky, also known as Avicii, is sometimes spicy in the mornings, but is really quite sweet.” The Shed Interiors wrote.

It’s fair to say Boaz has become a chick magnet.