Intel boss says "divided political climate" is causing "serious harm."

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich has quit President Donald Trump's American Manufacturing Council, he announced in a Monday statement.

"I resigned to call attention to the serious harm our divided political climate is causing to critical issues, including the serious need to address the decline of American manufacturing," Krzanich wrote.

Krzanich hinted that his resignation was connected to this weekend's violence in Charlottesville, VA. "I have already made clear my abhorrence at the recent hate-spawned violence in Charlottesville," he wrote. "Earlier today I called on all leaders to condemn the white supremacists and their ilk who marched and committed violence."

Trump was slow to call out white supremacists, initially criticizing hatred and violence "on many sides." That outraged critics, who argued that the hatred and violence in Charlottesville came almost entirely from one side—the side that happened to see Donald Trump as their champion.

"Nearly every issue is now politicized to the point where significant progress is impossible," Krzanich wrote on Monday. "The current environment must change, or else our nation will become a shadow of what it once was and what it still can and should be."

Krzanich isn't the first CEO to exit one of Trump's advisory councils. Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier also quit on Monday in response to the Charlottesville attacks, prompting a mocking tweet from Donald Trump. Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank also quit on Monday.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk and Disney CEO Robert Iger quit Trump advisory councils in June to protest Trump's decision to leave the Paris Accords on climate change. In February, former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick quit Trump's business advisory council in the face of a consumer boycott related to Trump's immigration policies.

At least two prominent tech CEOs remain on Trump's advisory councils: Dell CEO Michael Dell and IBM CEO Ginni Rometty.