The average Australian worker now spends just 3.3 years in a job before looking for a new gig, but Linda Smith is not average.

The 67-year old has worked at the Karrinyup pharmacy since 1966, starting when she was just 15.

Mrs Smith has stuck with the pharmacy throughout multiple location changes and re-brandings.

It is now a Priceline in the up-market Karrinyup Shopping Centre, a far cry from the Queen Anne-style furniture and dark wood panelling that dominated the store in the 1960s and ’70s.

“I stayed for lots of good reasons,” Mrs Smith said.

“When I had children they always worked the job around me, they were always very flexible.”

Those children are long grown up, but Mrs Smith is still greeting customers four days a week.

She is dropping down to three days next year, but says she has no plans to retire.

“I still love it, the customers are great,” she said.

“They obviously know me, they bring me Christmas presents which is really nice and it’s a lovely atmosphere when someone comes in and wants to see you.

“A lot of them are older and a lot of their children are coming through now, as they get older they just want to see a familiar face.”

Mrs Smith said shopping habits had changed dramatically over the years.

“The shopping hours have changed shopping,” she said. “On a Saturday morning, once upon a time, you’d open at 8.30am and you were flat out until 12.30pm and then you closed.”