A HOMELESS pervert, who was sent back to jail this week, is set to be dispatched to Dublin on his release.

The move comes because there are no facilities in Cork to monitor him, the Irish Sun on Sunday has learned.

Vile Michael Wyse, 56, from the Watercourse Road area of Cork city, was returned to prison on Thursday for breaking the conditions of the Sex Offenders Act.

Wyse was convicted by a jury in November 2014 of sexually assaulting a five-year-old child.

He was a teenager at the time and was babysitting the little girl when he attacked her.

He was also convicted in another case of sexually assaulting a boy, when he was aged four to seven, seven times at the age of about 17.

His female victim told how she needed drugs to help her get through her wedding day.

She told a court: “I had to take anti-depressants to get through my special day. I was afraid people would see something and recognise that I was a sexual assault victim.”

Wyse received a three-year sentence but when he was released from prison he was made homeless. He has 24 previous convictions including 13 for serious sexual offences.

On Thursday, Bantry District Court was told Wyse had been homeless in Cork City and had then moved to West Cork.

He was charged with failing to comply with the terms of the Sex Offenders Act 2001 on a date unknown between September 14 and 26 last.

The court heard he entered a guilty plea in the circuit court last December relating to a similar breach of the conditions and had received a two-month jail term.

The Irish Sun on Sunday has learned Wyse will likely be sent north to the capital on his release as officials in Cork can’t monitor him.

A source said: “When he is released after the six months he’ll probably be sent to Dublin where the probation services have facilities to monitor him. He couldn’t access homeless services in Cork.”

Lawyer Flor Murphy, said last week his client’s homelessness made it difficult for him to comply with the Act.

However, Judge James McNulty said being homeless did not relieve Mr Wyse of his obligations and that he “was not entirely cooperative”.

He sentenced him to six months imprisonment, backdated to September 27.